Excel Modeling Fundamentals (CF)
Learn the fundamentals of financial modeling online from professional Wall Street trainers.
Corporate Finance Institute (CFI) on-demand courses are designed for finance professionals and industry practitioners who want to master the art of corporate finance and supporting skillsets.
After registering for a CFI On Demand Course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
On completion of the CFI courses, CFI will issue a certificate as supporting documentation for CPD audit purposes.
Click HERE for more information.
This four-part series provides tips and tricks for Excel model builders, gives advice on how to audit financial models, demonstrates how to use better formulas, and how to monitor and handle uncertainty using scenarios planning.
Included is a PDF – Excel Shortcuts Reference Guide for both PC and MAC - that can be used while taking the course and downloaded for future reference.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Professionals working in equity research, investment banking, corporate development, financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and other areas of finance and accounting.
Participants will develop a stronger understanding of financial modelling through four modules:
Module 1 – Excel Tips and Tricks
- Learn how to speed up Excel modeling skills by using keystroke navigation
- Significantly improve how editing worksheets by learning how to use editing shortcuts in Excel
- Develop the skill every model builder needs in editing and modeling your spreadsheet in mere minutes
Module 2 – Better Formulas
- Build flexibility into financial forecasts
- Break down complex calculations
- Minimize errors in Excel models
- Understand Excel function syntax performance
Module 3 – Catering for Uncertainty
- Learn how to perform sensitivity analysis
- Understand how data tables and goal seek can facilitate your model building process
- Learn how to measure the impact of future uncertainty on cash flows and profit with scenario planning
- Learn how to use scenario and solver tools to see how certain inputs can impact the model
Module 4 – Auditing a Model
- Learn how to quickly and easily find errors and audit a spreadsheet
- Understand how the auditing tool-bar can help make your spreadsheet error-free
- Learn how to use test data to uncover errors