Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) - Modeling (CF)
The course covers the detailed mechanics of how to build a financial model for mergers and acquisitions and how to assess the impact of the transaction through accretion/dilution analysis and impact on the implied share price (intrinsic value per share).
Corporate Finance Institute (CFI) on-demand courses are designed for finance professionals and industry practitioners who want to master the art of corporate finance and supporting skillsets.
After registering for a CFI On Demand Course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
On completion of the CFI courses, CFI will issue a certificate as supporting documentation for CPD audit purposes.
Click HERE for more information.
The course covers the detailed mechanics of how to build a financial model for mergers and acquisitions and how to assess the impact of the transaction through accretion/dilution analysis and impact on the implied share price (intrinsic value per share). By performing sensitivity analysis, participants will understand how a change in assumptions impacts future outcomes of the merger or acquisition.
The course is built on a case study of Online Company Inc acquiring Brick ‘n’ Mortar Co. Through the course of the transaction, students will learn about:
- The construction of a detailed Pro Forma model
- Analysis of synergies, revenue enhancements, cost structures
- Integration considerations
- Accretion / dilution analysis
- Deal terms and structuring
- The strategic impact of combining the businesses
- Share price impact
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Anyone who wants to learn how to build a financial model for mergers and acquisitions from the bottom up. The course is designed for professionals working in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and other areas of corporate finance that deal with analyzing M&A transactions.
Participants will learn how to:
- structure an M&A model in the most efficient way,
- set up all the assumptions and drivers required to build out the M&A model,
- calculate all the necessary adjusting entries required to create a post-transaction balance sheet,
- integrate the acquirer and the target into a pro form model,
- calculate the accretion or dilution of key per share metrics post-transaction, andsensitivity analysis on key assumptions and assess the overall impact of the transaction.
The Excel Crash Course, Introduction to Corporate Finance and Building a Financial Model in Excel or equivalent learning.