Becoming a Highly Effective Negotiator (OC)
We don’t get what we deserve – we get what we negotiate. Learn a proven, practical step-by-step approach to win-win negotiations and how to protect yourself from “hardball” negotiators. This live virtual session will be delivered as a two-segment session. (Oct. 20 & 21, 7:30 am - 11:00 am each day).
The truth is that in our professional lives we don’t get what we deserve – we get what we negotiate. Are you finding your customers, clients, employees or boss or employers increasingly demanding, wanting more for less? Do you ever feel that you are being taken advantage of? Are you currently being underpaid for your skill and expertise?
We all know that it is the give and take of negotiations that allows problems to be solved, decisions to be made and needs to be satisfied in both our professional and personal lives. But we also all encounter people that have no intention of bargaining in good faith … So now what? Come learn a proven method that is not designed to win over your opponent but rather to win your opponent over.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Anyone who negotiates with internal or external customers. Whether you are negotiating within on-going relationships or one-time deals, whether you are involved in formal negotiations or just looking to get your needs met more consistently everyone can benefit from this powerful and practical leaning experience.
Achieving success in this increasingly interdependent workplace of the 21st century requires a new set of core competencies and the ability to negotiate effectively, to get your needs met while maintaining and even enhancing the quality of the relationship is at the top of the list. In this seminar you will learn a proven, practical step-by-step approach to win-win negotiations and how to protect yourself from “hardball” negotiators.
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them
- Understanding the difference between Collaborative “win-win” and Competitive “hardball” negotiations and how to know what game you are playing
- The characteristics of highly effective negotiators
- Understanding the different sources of negotiating power
- How to strengthen your bargaining positio
- How to create an open communication flow that allows you to deeply understand the other party
- The 5 steps process to quickly and effectively plan and prepare for your negotiations
- How to determine your “walk-away point”
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiator
- How to counter the 5 common manipulative strategies being used against you
- How to create win – win outcomes that ensure the other party lives up to their end of the bargain
COURSE LEADER: GREG CAMPEAU, B. Comm.