Leading a High Performance Team (OC)
Learn both the principles and best practices of optimizing team performance. This live virtual session will be delivered as a two-segment session (Jan 20 & 21, 8:30 am - 12:00 pm each day).
The ever-increasing pace and complexity of today’s workplace is driving greater interdependence making teams and teamwork more important to organizational success by the day. The course objective Is for participants to learn both the principles and best practices of optimizing team performance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Anyone looking to optimize team performance.
Upon completing the course, participants will:
- deepen their understanding of leadership, team dynamics, team communication, team motivation / engagement,
- learn to diagnosis and pinpoint the root cause of team problems and dysfunctions through the application of assessment tools,
- be able to prepare a strategic action plan to optimize their own team’s performance and produce world class results, and
- learn proven, powerful, and practical strategies and techniques they can apply the next day and will last a lifetime.
- The seven roles of the highly effective team leader
- The four core dimensions of a high-performance team
- The key determining factor of team “synergy” (1 + 1 = 3) and how to create it
- The most common team dysfunctions and pitfalls and how to avoid them
- The 11 defining characteristics of a high-performance teams
- How to foster and sustain effective and efficient team communication
- How to build team engagement and avoid the most common pitfalls that erode team engagement
- How to obtain buy-in and commitment form your team to implement new solutions, overcoming resistance to change
- Strategies to ensure team accountability
- How to make the most out of team meetings
- Seven strategic action steps for all team leaders to take to optimize team performance
COURSE LEADER: GREG CAMPEAU, B. Comm.