Effective Briefing Notes/Reports (OC)
Briefing notes and reports are the main means for staff to communicate and coordinate with executives and elected officials.
Their high volume requires that they be concise and to the point and follow a strict format. It can often be quite challenging to take a complex issue and express it effectively in such a small space, but that is what is required.
The workshop includes short lectures, demonstrations, and a variety of practice exercises. To test their application of the principles on-the-job, participants may send documents to the workshop leader for review after the course.
A manual will be provided to be used during the course and will be an excellent reference tool after the course.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Participants of the course will learn how to:
- quickly gather information from several sources onto one page of notes,
- organize information for ease of comprehension,
- discover the most effective way of presenting a briefing report,
- focus the content and eliminate clutter,
- write more powerful and expressive sentences,
- express complex issues accurately and briefly, and
- spend less time but have better results.
COURSE LEADER: EILEEN PEASE, M.Ed., CHRP, CSP