Email Etiquette-Create the Right Tone,Get the Best Response
The disembodied world of e-communications is fraught with potential miscommunications. Learn how to strike the right tone in e-mails so that your recipient cannot possibly misunderstand you and in turn gives you the information you want.
The disembodied world of e-communications is fraught with potential miscommunications.
It’s all too easy to thumb off a quick message on your smartphone that unwittingly offends the recipient with a blunt tone. At your desk, it’s also easy to write flowery language around the key issue for so long that you lose your audience before you get your message across.
Learn how to strike the right tone in e-mails so that your recipient cannot possibly misunderstand you and in turn gives you the information you want.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Anyone who regularly emails clients and colleagues and wants to make a better e-impression.
Participants of the course will learn to:
- improve communication skills,
- write fewer emails,
- control your email so your email doesn’t control you,
- respond to emails so the sender is satisfied,
- learn the “One Mail, One Message” rule,
- punctuate emails to improve clarity,
- handle “flaming”, “LOL-ing” and emoticons, and
- use proper netiquette.
- How to clarify the response you want from a message
- How to make sure the recipient does what you need
- How to avoid cliché words and phrases that confuse or irritate people
- How to build a toolbox of tones so you always use the best fit
- How to assess your audience and calibrate your writing style
- When to CC and when to BCC and why you should almost never “Reply All”
- How to change the Subject to get quicker responses
- Avoid the F-word: when Forwarding goes wrong
COURSE LEADER: EILEEN PEASE, M.Ed., CHRP, CSP
Registration not available.