Write with Confidence for Professionals (OC)
Learn how to use plain English to avoid ambiguity. Increase the quality of your writing while decreasing the time you spend writing. Learn how to prepare your thoughts and how to compose them so the reader will understand you perfectly.
Studies show many people spend up to three hours a day producing documentation. This includes technical statements, special reports, opinions, emails, work-paper review comments, on-line forms, and other communications.
This course will show you how to use plain English to avoid ambiguity. You will increase the quality of your writing while decreasing the time you spend writing. You will learn how to prepare your thoughts and how to compose them so the reader will understand you perfectly.
The time you spend on this course will soon be recuperated in improved writing speed and clarity. As a bonus, your clients and colleagues will save time, too, as they no longer have to re-read what you’ve written. The class is fun, interactive, and full of practical advice.
A lot of technical work is complicated – writing shouldn’t be.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
After this workshop, you will be able to:
- understand the “Circle of Good Writing”,
- clarify your objectives,
- assess your audience,
- use the “Five Principles of Clarity”, and
- write so clearly that your reader gets your message quickly and easily.
People who have taken this workshop report that they are able to:
- get their thoughts organized quickly to get off to a fast start,
- use openings that guide the reader to their core message,
- shorten and simplify their documents using five key editing techniques,
- know why documents follow the format they do and precisely how they are used,
- understand the technical writing requirements – quick comprehension, clear navigation, completeness, and accuracy, and
- use four main visual techniques to make their writing more inviting to read.
COURSE LEADER: EILEEN PEASE, M.Ed., CHRP, CSP