Stress is a natural and necessary part of life. The ability to confront and release increased levels of stress is crucial to remaining healthy and happy at work. Stress in the workplace has increased over the decades. Unresolved stress can negatively impact employee and team motivation, morale, and performance. Typical root causes of work-related stress tend to be interpersonal conflict, customer demands, workload and job worries.
Personal management of stress is critical and not always easy. This workshop takes stress management to a deeper level of awareness so that participants understand their root cause of stress, the impact and what actions they can take to minimize and release it. The model and techniques used are simple and pragmatic in handling day-to-day and ongoing stress issues that may arise.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
All audiences, including intact teams.
Participants of the workshop will develop:
- a stronger understanding of stress triggers,
- an improved ability to dissect stressful situation,
- increased awareness of how to adjust our thinking about our reactions,
- personal ownership of many types of stress, and
- tools to create a workplace with reduced stress.
- Root causes of stress and the vicious circle
- The disconnect between reality and our belief
- How to release stress
- Understanding how mental chatter informs our stress levels
- Evaluating our thinking during times of stress
- New ways of responding to stressful situations
COURSE LEADER: HELEN SCHNEIDERMAN, BA, CCP