Becoming an Ethical Leader (OC)
Gain insight into becoming ethical leaders and how that translates into becoming a more effective and respected leader. The session explores the critical role ethical leadership plays in creating ethical organizations.
This half day workshop will give participants insight into becoming ethical leaders and how that translates into becoming a more effective and respected leader.
The session explores the critical role ethical leadership plays in creating ethical organizations. By their very nature and position within the organization, leaders are directly responsible for the ethical climate.
This session will first identify the toxic side of leadership. By illuminating unethical leadership traits, we are more able to correct those behaviours and promote ethical leadership.
The session will then focus on the positive aspects of ethical leadership and how to make and follow through on ethical leadership decisions. We will discuss elements of character and how they influence ethical decision making.
Topics covered during the session are reinforced through interactive group discussions that are based on real life challenges facing the ethical leader.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Those new to leadership or looking to improve the ethical climate in their organization. Owners of companies and executive management will also find value in having their management teams attend.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand unethical leadership practices,
- become aware of negative motivators,
- improve moral decision making,
- acquire ethical knowledge,
- resist situational pressures,
- understand the role of reason and emotion in ethical decision making, and
- make better ethical decisions as a leader.
- Unethical leadership practices
- Common drivers of unethical behaviour
- Moral imagination and moral disengagement
- Assessing ethical awareness
- Moral decision making
- Resisting negative situational pressures
- Make and follow through on ethical leadership decisions
- Elements of character and how they influence ethical decision making
- Systematic approach to ethical leadership
COURSE LEADER: JEFF PRICE, CPA, CGA
Registration not available.