Ethics & the Changing Role of Corporations in Society (OC)
An in-depth look into why ethical practices are fundamental to the success and longevity of any organization today - ideal for CPAs looking to stay up to date with ethical business practices.
The comprehensive course provides business professionals with an in-depth understanding of why ethical practices are fundamental to the success and longevity of any organization today - ideal for CPAs looking to stay up to date with ethical business practices. It describes how individual employees, teams, and corporations can navigate complex and challenging situations using an ethical mindset. Using plenty of real-life examples and several case studies, the course will demonstrate that there is a return on investment from ethical business practices, and that our standards and expectations for business ethics are rising, and rightly so.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This course is ideal for CPAs looking to complete their annual ethics training but is just as beneficial for all business professionals in leadership roles, including mangers, business owners, directors and board members.
Participants will learn:
- learn key returns on investment from ethical business practices,
- learn what any organization's biggest asset is and how to protect it,
- to identify important do's and don'ts from real life case studies,
- to identify the steps to take when handling an ethical dilemma, and
- to identify key ethical considerations when dealing with a crisis situation.
- Definition and brief history of ethics
- 7 returns on investment from ethical practices
- Importance of employees in business ethics
- 6-step framework for ethical decision making
- Global scandals, including Starbucks Coffee, Wells Fargo, Wirecard and Volkswagen
- Mini ethical dilemma case studies
- Crisis response ideas from an ethical viewpoint
- Crisis response cases, including Taj Palace Hotel and companies during COVID-19
- Gravity Payments case study
- Responsibility and impact measurement
- B Corp Certification
- Connecting profit and purpose
COURSE LEADER: ARUN MATHUR, FCPA, FCA, LPA