Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses
Effective for compliance reports dated on or after April 1, 2019 there are new assurance requirements: CSAE 3530 Special Considerations – Attestation Engagements to Report on Compliance and CSAE 3531 Special Considerations – Direct Engagements to Report on Compliance which will impact what you do and how you report.
The course covers the new requirements for engagements to audit or review compliance of financial or non-financial information with agreements, statutes, laws or regulations
Reports that will be impacted by the new CSAE 3530 and 3531 standards include:
- Compliance with debt covenants in a banking agreement
- Compliance with the terms of a lease arrangement
- Compliance with financial reporting requirements of a not-for-profit funding arrangement and
- Compliance with non-financial requirements for a public sector organization.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Practitioners conducting attestation or direct engagements to audit or review compliance of financial or non-financial information with agreements, statutes, laws or regulations.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and explain the differences between CSAE 3530 and 3531 and integration with CSAE 3000 and 3001
- Understanding the differences in practical application for both compliance audits and compliance reviews
- Apply CSAE 3530 and 3531 performance and reporting requirements with a focus on:
- Acceptance and continuance
- Planning – understanding the entity and risk assessments
- Responding to risk assessments
- Obtaining sufficient appropriate evidence
- Preparing the report on compliance
Familiarity with CPA Handbook – Assurance.
||Estimated Hours: Total - 3.5 Licensing - 3.5