Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses
Using examples, this course will provide detailed coverage of the significant changes to the taxation of investment holding corporations and their impact, including the introduction of the passive income rules (which can impact the availability of the small business deduction of any associated corporations), the change in the RDTOH rules resulting in two pots of refundable tax, and the general increase in the tax rate for corporate investment income. Planning considerations will also be addressed, including the advantages that may still be provided by using an investment holding corporation, and the implications for winding up or maintaining an existing investment holding corporation.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Practitioners with experience with private company taxation issues.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- apply the passive income rules to client situations,
- consider planning alternatives for the passive income rules,
- determine when to use the eligible and non-eligible RDTOH balances,
- analyze the implications for winding up or maintaining an investment holding corporation, and
- know when to use an investment holding corporation (even with the recent tax changes)
A basic understanding of corporate taxation.
||Estimated Hours: Total - 3.5