Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses
Although registered charities and not-for-profit organizations (NFPOs) usually escape the full wrath of the dreaded taxman, they are still faced with strict tax rules that, if not followed, can lead to loss of tax status, financial penalties, and bad press. Registered charity and NFPO tax rules differ substantially from those that apply to private sector companies. Without a solid understanding of these rules, organizations may encounter difficulties in meeting their tax filing requirements and in complying with the numerous rules established in the Income Tax Act along with the related jurisprudence and guidance.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
- provide advice to registered charities or NFPOs, and/or
- require a review of their taxation knowledge of charities/NFPOs;
Board Members or other professionals involved with a charity/NFPO who are:
- new to the organization, and/or
- wish to ensure that the organization is fully compliant with the applicable tax rules; and
Members of charities and/or NFPOs.
Participants with learn to:
- identify income tax issues and assess related risks associated with the activities carried on by registered charities and NFPOs,
- comply with the income tax rules as they apply to registered charities and NFPOs, and
- complete the T3010 Registered Charity Information Return and T1044 Non-Profit Organization (NPO) Information Return.
A practical understanding of how charities/NFPOs operate would be useful and would allow participants to participate more fully in discussions.
||Estimated Hours: Total - 7