Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses
The seminar will focus on the many tax issues that arise, from a compliance and planning perspective, when shutting down a corporation. It will focus exclusively on private companies. Common traps and planning opportunities that arise when shutting down corporations will also be discussed.
Although there will be coverage of the issues associated with the winding-up of smaller “mom and pop” type corporations that are ceasing operations, this only represents a small portion of the course coverage. The remainder of the seminar coverage will be more applicable to corporations within larger corporate groups. As an “Intermediate” level course, there will not be any coverage of T2-specific issues, such as where to check on the T2 that a company has been amalgamated or dissolved.
Attendees will broaden their understanding of tax compliance requirements, tax traps, and tax planning opportunities that arise when shutting down corporations.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Professionals who are involved in winding up/dissolving corporations or who advise clients that are involved in winding up/dissolving corporations. Particular focus will be placed on private companies.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the different ways in which a corporation can be “shut down”
- Understand the key tax issues associated with the taxable windup of a corporation
- Understand the key tax issues associated with the tax-deferred windup of a corporation
- Understand the key tax issues associated with the amalgamation of two or more corporations
- Understand the key tax issues for the shareholders of corporations that are being “shut down”
||Estimated Hours: Total - 3.5