ASPE - Review of the Standards (VO)
Review commonly used sections of Part II – Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), and the accounting policy choices available to management for Applying ASPE.
Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses.
Standards represent one of the more self-contradictory elements of life: while some people condemn standards for controlling and restricting their behavior, others perceive standards as moral and ethical principles that guide their lives. To shed additional light on the topic of standards, this two-day seminar reviews commonly used sections of Part II – Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE) and discusses other aspects of the standard. In addition, this seminar identifies and outlines the accounting policy choices available to management for applying ASPE.
The delivery of material takes an authentic, real-life approach in providing examples and exercises that pertain to newer or more common concepts of accounting used by private enterprises. Other activities focus on areas recent struggles or challenges may have been identified. This seminar covers ASPE standards that have been changed and have implementation dates in the near future. Finally, it informs participants of current developments in standards that are expected to be introduced during the next year.
The objective of the seminar is to provide participants with a solid introduction and understanding of ASPE. The seminar will also cover ASPE standards currently under development that are expected to be introduced during the next year.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Most accounting and tax professionals will acquire substantial gains from this seminar, especially:
- Practitioners seeking a robust and complete review of ASPE
- Accounting and tax professionals working with not-for-profit organizations
- Individuals involved in the not-for-profit sector seeking knowledge of ASPE measurement, recognition, presentation, and disclosure requirements
By the end of the course, participants will:
- develop a better understanding of the ASPE Standards, in particular areas that are seen commonly in practice,
- become familiar with recent updates, and
- work through application through selective examples and financial statement presentation and disclosure examples.
- Accounting standards framework and general standards
- Financial statement presentation
- Financial statement disclosures
- Financial instruments
- Tangible and intangible assets
- Income taxes
- Shareholder equity
- Revenue and other expenses
- Other standards
- Sample financial statements
- Note disclosure examples
- Transition guidance(appendix)
Participants should be familiar with the CPA Handbook Part II – Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE)