IFRS 15 - Revenue Recognition (VO)
Develop a practical understanding of the five-step revenue recognition framework under Part I – International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to ensure accurate revenue reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses.
Revenue is an extremely important profit and loss statement top line number that drives bottom line results for all revenue producing companies. Accurate revenue recognition reporting is necessary for internal and external reporting to maintain investor and creditors’ confidence in an entity.
The objective of the seminar is to provide participants with a practical understanding of the five-step revenue recognition framework under Part I – International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) 15, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, and how to apply it. The seminar will address disclosure requirements, discuss key areas of application challenges, key judgments and provide examples applying the standard. The course has been updated for IASB agenda decisions and topic group discussion areas.
The 5-step model framework includes:
- Step 1: identify the contract with the customer
- Step 2: identify the performance obligations
- Step 3: determine the transaction price
- Step 4: allocate the transaction price
- Step 5: recognize revenue, including how and when Areas of Application Challenge
The course will address disclosure and presentation requirements, application guidance on various topics, and key judgments in applying the standard.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Professionals who are responsible for revenue recognition oversight and the accounting and/or auditing thereof.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- understand the core principles and concepts, scoping requirements of the revenue model,
- apply and analyze the 5-step model, including the specific criteria, provisions and exemptions governing each step in the model,
- identify and apply presentation and disclosure requirements, including understanding key changes and practice challenges,
- recognize and observe examples of other application guidance in the standard, and
- understand current developments and areas of accounting discussion.
- Overview and scope, including transitional requirements
- The 5-step model framework, including how to apply it
- step 1: identify the contract with the customer
- step 2: identify the performance obligations
- step 3: determine the transaction price
- step 4: allocate the transaction price
- step 5: recognize revenue, including how and when
- Practical challenges and considerations and current developments
- Disclosure and presentation requirements
- Other application guidance on various topics such as warranties, licences, capitalization of costs of obtaining and fulfilling a contract, contract modifications etc.
Participants should pre-read IFRS 15, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, contained in the CPA Handbook – Accounting Part I.
Online registration not available.