Income Tax - Update 2021 (VO)
Providing a high-level summary of tax law changes in the past year, the seminar examines current changes and relevant issues in taxation that affect individuals and most businesses in the private sector.
Watch a qualified CPA instructor teaching the course and access a copy of the same course material that is provided to attendees of an in-person session.
After registering for a Video on Demand course, CPA Saskatchewan will send you information on how to access the course within 2 business days.
Click HERE for more information on Video-On-Demand courses.
Providing a high-level summary of tax law changes in the past year, the seminar examines current changes and relevant issues in taxation that affect individuals and most businesses in the private sector. Learn how the current levels of personal and corporate tax rates affect and possibly change accepted tax planning techniques. A review of the current integration of personal and corporate tax rates is provided. The proposals from the Federal Budget, as well as other sources of information from the Department of Finance and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), including news releases, draft legislation, CRA technical interpretations and tax cases, are discussed together with other subjects of current relevance and interest. Course coverage will be largely restricted to changes in the last year.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Those who need current information to advise clients, deal with the CRA, and who want to update their existing knowledge of income tax issues to incorporate developments in the past year. As the course focuses only on recent developments, it is best suited for members who take the course annually.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- provide relevant, current tax advice to clients,
- prepare personal and corporate tax returns with knowledge of recent developments,
- complete tax planning arrangements/positions taking into account current issues, and
- be confident that they are “up-to-date” with their tax knowledge.
- Tax rate changes/integration
- Update of rules dealing with the taxation of private companies, passive investment income, income splitting, small business deduction, etc.
- Federal Budget (2021)
- Taxation of employment income/benefits
- Business income/deductions
- Capital transactions and shareholder issues
- Partnerships/Trusts/Charities & NPOs/Deferred Income Plans
- International issues
- CRA Administrative matters
- Provincial/Territorial update
Due to the nature of this course and the wide range of topics covered, none of the topics are covered with in-depth material. The intent is to provide knowledge and awareness of the recent tax changes. One or more of the topics may be covered in more detail in other available courses. For example, those looking for an update of more than one year may consider taking the course “Catch Up” 5 Years of Income Tax Development.