The course covers the entire budgeting process from start to finish, including how to create a disciplined culture of budgeting in an organization, the various methods for building budgets, techniques to analyze results, and how to increase the chances of organizational performance improvements. The interactive and applied course will enable participants to adopt a disciplined approach to developing budgets, forecast results with quantitative and qualitative methods, effectively use variance analysis to track performance and present results with charts and graphs.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Those who are responsible for financial management, budgeting, and forecasting within their organizations and may include professionals working in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), accounting, treasury, financial reporting, corporate development, etc.
By the end of the budgeting 101 course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles behind best practice financial management
- Explain the importance of budgeting within a strategic framework
- Build a robust budgeting process within their organization
- Know when and where to use various budgeting approaches such as zero-based budgeting
- Forecast future performance by better analyzing revenue and cost drivers
- Use effective variance reporting to track organizational performance
- Make use of Excel functions and tools that are particularly suited to the budgeting process.
|| Estimated CPD Hours: Total - 5
||Strategy and Governance, Performance and Risk Management