In the course, participants will master the art of building a financial model for a mining asset, complete with assumptions, financials, valuation, sensitivity analysis, and output charts. Participants will work through a case study of a real mining asset by pulling information from the Feasibility Study, inputting it into Excel, building a forecast, and valuing the asset.
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
Professionals seeking careers in investment banking, equity research, corporate development and financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and interested in mastering mining valuation.
Participants will develop a stronger understanding of:
- Key mining terms and definitions
- The mining life cycle from start to finish
- Reading and extracting the important information from a mining technical report (feasibility study)
- Inputting key assumptions into a financial model
- Calculating production statistics based on a mine plan
- Building financial statements based on a mine plan
- Performing a DCF valuation of a mining asset
- Building sensitivity analysis to test for different input assumptions
- Outputting relevant graphs to illustrate the investment opportunity
- Master mining valuation and learn how to value a mining company in Excel
|| Estimated CPD Hours: Total - 5